Here are some ideas on how to
observe Memorial Day. Decorating graves and offering aid to bereaved
families of the dead soldiers are important aspects of Memorial Day
Ways To Observe Memorial Day
Memorial Day reminds us of our duties towards the
wounded soldiers and the bereaved families, orphans and widows of the
dead soldiers. We should honor the dead by adorning their sacred remains
with flowers and garlands and show our gratitude towards them in the
- Adorning the graves of the soldiers with flags or flowers.
- Visiting cemeteries and memorials.
- Furling the American Flag at half-mast until noon.
- Furling the 'POW/MIA Flag'.
- Keep silence for a minute at 3 p.m., 'National Moment of
Remembrance' and listen to Taps being played.
- Take a pledge to aid the disabled veterans, widows, widowers and
orphans of the dead and keep it.
- You may support the efforts to restore the traditional day of
observance of Memorial Day back to May 30th.
- Offering thanks to the veterans and appreciating the ultimate
sacrifices of the soldiers to the bereaved families personally may